Custom Search

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Oh No I Dont Have The Needed Ingredient What Do I Do...

Emergency Substitutions

Bacon, 1 Slice, crisp cooked, crumbled 1 Tbsp. Cooked Bacon Pieces
Baking Powder, 1 tsp. 1/2 tsp. Cream of Tarter plus 1/4
tsp. Baking Soda
Balsamic Vinegar, 1 Tbsp. 1 Tbsp. Cider or Red Vinegar plus
plus 1/2 tsp. Sugar
Bread Crumbs, fine and dry 1/4 cup 3/4 cup soft Bread Crumbs or 1/4
cup cracker crumbs
Broth, Beef or Chicken, 1 cup 1 tsp. or cube of Beef or Chicken
Bouillon +1 c. water
Butter, 1 cup 1 cup Shortening plus 1/4 tsp. Salt
if desired
Buttermilk, 1 cup 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice or Vinegar
and milk to make 1 c.
Chocolate, Semisweet, 1 oz. 3 Tbsp. Semisweet chocolate
pieces or 1 oz.unsweetened
chocolate plus 1 Tbsp. granulated
sugar OR 1 Tbsp. unsweetened
Cocoa powder plus 2 tsp. Sugar
and 2 tsp. Shortening.
Chocolate, sweet Baking, 4 oz. 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
powder plus 1/3 cup granulated
sugar and 3 Tbsp. shortening
Chocolate, unsweetened, 1 oz. 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
powder plus 1 Tbsp. cooking oil or
shortening melted
Cornstarch, 1 Tbsp. (for thickening) 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
Corn Syrup (light), 1 cup 1 cup granulated Sugar plus 1/4
cup of water
Egg, 1 whole 2 egg Whites or 2 egg yolks, or
1/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg
product, frozen
Flour, cake, 1 cup 1 cup minus 2 Tbsp. of all purpose
Flour
Flour, self-rising, 1 cup 1 cup all-purpose flour plus 1 tsp.
Baking Powder, 1/2 tsp. Salt, and
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
Garlic, 1 clove 1/2 tsp. Bottled minced Garlic or
1/8 tsp. Garlic Powder



thought I would share this list with you. I found it at one of the blogs I really like You can visit it here

1 comment:

  1. Why visitors still make use of to read news papers when in
    this technological world everything is accessible on net?


    Here is my website :: expose.me
    my webpage > decoracionesmexico.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post