Custom Search

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Remembering Grandma: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

When I was a child both my mother and father worked and we spent a lot of time with my grandma and grandpa. The great thing was that they lived in the country the bad thing was that we did not have a lot of things to play with. Perhaps that was really the good thing. Not having things to play with meant we had to use our imagination to have fun. There were a few things that I remember that were part of the yard yet also was part of our pretend play the grape vine harbor which my grandmother loved became our house because the harbor was built like a box and the grape leaves etc... created a house like figure. We could spend hours playing house and having fun. What did you do when you was a kid??? Did you have any special games that you played???

I also enjoyed the treats that my grandmother would prepare us. I do not think I have ever had any chocolate chip cookies that tasted any where near hers. Perhaps it is because she used oatmeal in her recipe. Today being National Day to celebrate chocolate chip cookies I thought it would be cool to share a recipe that perhaps you can make up for your bunch. Create some memories and enjoy your bunch.















2 c. shortening
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 c. white sugar
4 eggs
2tsp. hot water
3 c. sifted flour
2 tsp. soda2 tsp. salt
12 oz. pkg. chocolate chips
4 c. quick oatmeal
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix ingredients from top to bottom. Place onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Makes 200 cookies.

share
weekend potluck
Sunday Scoop
Sumos Sweet Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post