Custom Search

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Rootbeer BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders

I love pulled pork and oh my each time we make it here it disappears quite quickly. I can not imagine a super bowl party without sliders like these oh so yummy


Root Beer BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders


  • 3-4 lbs pork butt/shoulder. 
  • 2 TBSP Montreal Steak Seasoning 
  • 1 bottle (12 ounces) your favorite root beer.  Again, DO NOT USE DIET!!!  Seriously, seriously scary stuff happens when you heat all those crazy chemical sweeteners
  • 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce.  My favorite is Bullseye Original.  I just saw a big taste test thing for BBQ sauces and Bullseye Original took first place ;)  Yup, I know how to pick a winner, lol!
  • Hawaiian Sweet Rolls for serving
Sprinkle Montreal Steak Seasoning over you pork roast.  Place in cold crock pot.  Add bottled root beer to crock pot, pouring around the roast to not disturb the seasoning.  Cook on low for 8 hours, or until it shreds easily.  Remove meat from crock pot and shred into desired sized pieces.  Drain and reserve liquid.  Add meat back into crock pot and add just enough reserved liquid to re-moisten meat, about 1/4 cup.  Add enough BBQ sauce to give meat a nice coating.  Let sit in crock pot on low until warm.  Serve on Hawaiian Sweet Rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post