Custom Search

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Southern Style Deviled Eggs

January is national egg month. Now I am not sure why but I can put my own spin on it
I simply wonder if January is egg month because it is the first month of the year and the egg comes before the hen. I don't know call me silly. One thing I do know is that I was a little girl I have always loved delicious deviled eggs. You can check these out
 
 
 
1 dozen hard-boiled eggs, peeled
2 tablespoons, sweet pickle relish or chopped bread and butter pickles
2 tablespoons bread and butter pickle or sweet relish juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
pinch of cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
paprika, for garnish
 
Slice eggs lengthwise and pop out the yolks, being careful to keep your egg white intact In a medium-sized bowl, mash yolks with relish, pickle juice, mustard, cayenne and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper. Fill each egg and then dust with a little paprika. Chill (overnight is best) until ready to serve.
this particular recipe was found here

shared at
Freedom Fridays
Weekend Retreat
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post