Custom Search

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

veggie pancakes

The first time I ever had veggie pancakes was when I was a teenage girl. My family had just moved to southern Illinois and a lot of things were different. Perhaps the  one thing that I liked most was the kindness of all those that I met. One little lady who had a garden much like my grandmothers would bring delicious goodies to my mother and  she also taught my mom to cook these delicious goodies as well. I hope you enjoy as I did

 
 
 
 
 
2 cups shredded veggies (I like to use a mix including things like white potatoes, sweet potatoes, zucchini, yellow squash and/or carrots…whatever you have on hand)
2 eggs
1 tablespoon whole-wheat flour
¼ teaspoon salt
Olive oil for cooking
Optional garnish: sour cream and/or applesauce
 
Combine the shredded veggies with the eggs, flour, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
Heat a thin layer of olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. It is important that the heat is the right temperature because you want the pancakes to cook all the way through the middle by the time they are brown on the outside. Once the oil has heated up add pancake size dollops of the veggie mixture into the pan. Cook for several minutes until the bottom starts to brown. Then flip and repeat.
Transfer cooked pancakes to a plate lined with paper towels.
Serve warm with sour cream and/or applesauce.

shared at
nifty thrifty Tuesday
thrifty life thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post