Custom Search

Monday, May 12, 2014

Fresh Summer Corn Salad

Call me country but summer time is not the same without good old sweet corn. I can remember picking sweet corn by the bushel full not to mention the ears of feed corn  we would pick. Those feed sacks we would fill full when I was a little girl sure do look a lot smaller than they would back then. I love to fix corn in many different ways from right off the cob to frying in a cast iron skillet they are all yummy. This not so new to me recipe is one that I plan to fix next time we have folks over for a grill out. I hope you try it and enjoy as well.


Fresh Summer Corn Salad: 
 
 

  • 8 ears sweet corn OR 4 cups of frozen corn.
  • 1 large red pepper, chopped
  • 1 red onion, minced
  • 3 large tomatoes, chopped, or 25 mini tomatoes, cut in half
  • 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
  • 1/3 cup lime juice
  • 1/3cup olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut the fresh corn off the cob or add the frozen corn to the pot and steam for 3 to 5 minutes in
1/4 cup water.
2. Remove lid and cook, stirring, 2 minutes more or until
water evaporates.
3. Toss the corn with all other ingredients and chill.

recipe source here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post