Custom Search

Friday, May 23, 2014

Vanilla Pudding Sauce

Yesterday was vanilla pudding day I love vanilla pudding the same as the next guy. I am actually old enough to remember when pudding used to buy sold in small tin cans with pull off lids. Now those same lunch time puddings are sold in plastic containers with peel off lids. But then that's a different story. I really love vanilla pudding remember making lots for my kids, my mother also made it for me but vanilla pudding I never saw like the recipe below but let me tell you it is super yummy.
 
 



2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/3 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
2 cups milk
2 egg yolks, beaten
1 Tbsp butter
2 tsp vanilla

 Mix cornstarch, sugar, and salt in a saucepan. Whisk together milk and egg thoroughly, and gradually stir in. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, till mixture comes to a boil. (Don’t be tempted to turn up the heat; if it gets hot too fast, the egg will cook. And scrambled eggs in vanilla sauce would be bad. Really, really bad.) Boil for at least 1 minute, still stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Serve warm or chilled.

recipe source here

get him fed Friday
Marvelous Monday
Link It or Lump It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post