Custom Search

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Sax Day




Today is saxophone day. Never heard of it??? neither had I but I have heard of the saxophone and love the beautiful sounds that can come from one. As a kid I was in band and played the clarinet. Not quite a saxophone as I always thought the sax was super cool and superior. The thing is that the clarinet and sax are in the same family thus every week I would come with my clarinet playing friends and practice with the sax players. Oh it was definitely fun and I think that we played beautifully together.

Saxophone day is recognized on November 6 of every year. Belgium musical instrument maker Adolphe Sax is the created the sax around 1840. Adophe created the first sax the bass saxophone and then followed it up with 8 more types including the sopranino, soprano, alto, tenor, baritone, contrabass and subcontrabass.


     
      There have been many famous sax players. One of my favorites is President Bill Clinton. Styling and Profiling and looking like a cool sax player is how I will end this post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post