Custom Search

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Old Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie


Its no secret I love pie. It goes back generations with my grandfather raiding the dessert counter at family reunions, my own father asking for pie rather than birthday cake for his own birthday and my uncle who always enjoyed his pie with his meal not after I hope you enjoy this old fashioned coconut cream pie that simply melted in my mouth. Enjoy!!

recipe source here



makes 1 9-inch pie1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
3 cups half-and-half
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked
1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed


 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread the coconut on a baking sheet and bake it, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. In a medium saucepan, combine the half-and-half, eggs, sugar, flour and salt and mix well. Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in 3/4 cup of the toasted coconut and the vanilla extract. Reserve the remaining coconut to top the pie. Pour the filling into the pie shell and chill until firm, about 4 hours.Top with whipped topping and with the reserved coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post