Custom Search

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Valentine Sun Catchers

Valentine Sun Catchers
These adorable sun catchers caught my eye. I can remember making sun catchers when I was younger and then I made some with my own children. These sun catchers are perfect for crafts at home, sunday school class or even homeschool lessons. I found this craft along with the easy direction on a blog that is new to me Mommyapolis You may want to visit her blog because from what I see there are lots of great ideas to be found there

Supplies:


Clear contact paper
Colorful tissue paper cut into small squares, triangles, circles, etc.. Older children can do the cutting themselves
Decorative ribbon
Scissors

Directions:

Cut 2 identical large squares out of the contact paper. Peel off the backing on ONE square and place it sticky side up in front of your child. Keep the other square for later use. Give them a stack of cut up tissue (I precut the tissue, but like I said depending on the age of your child he/she may be able to do this alone). Tell them to put the tissue ONE PIECE at a time all over the sticky stuff. Encourage them to fill up the entire sticky square. When they are finished, take the square away and place the other piece of contact paper on top of it so that the sticky sides are touching. You can then cut the contact paper in what ever shape you would like. I obviously chose hearts, but we have made all different shapes for all different holidays. Cut or punch a hole in the top of your heart and attach a ribbon… Show your child how to catch some sun in their favorite window

shared at
craft dictator
home matters

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing with us at the #HomeMattersParty this week.
    ~Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post