Custom Search

Friday, March 6, 2015

Give Back : National Red Cross Month



March is a American Red Cross Month. My family has been impacted by life events and Red Cross has always been there to help. There are ways that we all can give back. A few of them include

Many of us including myself think of blood drives when I think of Red Cross. Give blood. This is a hard one for me with my fear of needles but many members of my family including my children and several friends have been involved with everything from working at and setting up a blood drive to donating their own blood. The Red Cross website advises that nearly 4 million people will donate blood this year. Red Cross is the largest single supplier of blood and blood products in the U.S. If you are able you should find your local blood drive and get involved it does not take a lot of time and remember you are giving your part to help others.

Being in the health care field I also think of CPR classes when I think about red cross. Red Cross workers teach more than 9 million people a year the life saving skills. Red Cross also provides the classes for emergence or disaster prep classes. If you have a background in health and education you may be the volunteer they are searching for to teach such classes. If you do not know the techniques of CPR perhaps it is time to sign up for a class many of which I have seen are at low or no cost.

Looking for a way to get involved?? Think about volunteering. While there are some ways that trained professionals are needed I have seen many times when volunteers help make a great difference. The time when the tornado swept through our community I saw volunteers out there in many ways and like other organizations the Red Cross is in need of volunteers.

Along with volunteering you can get involved with groups that are there for individuals to work together with the same focus in mind. There are letter writing campaigns, groups for older individuals and even youth. Get involved in your neighborhood and see where the need is and what you can do to help.

Share your story in an attempt to spread the word, get others involved, or help others find the needs. There are many ways for you to do this and you can start with the social outworks that you may use every day like twitter and facebook.


One of the biggest needs out there is financial. That's right you can be involved here as well. You can donate your own money or even better host a fund raiser where you can get the word out, have some fun ad raise money for Red Cross.

want to find out more information and how you can get involved check it out here



shared at Pin Junkie
 Freedom Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post