Custom Search

Sunday, April 19, 2015

This Date In History







The t.v was covered with pictures like those above in April 19 , 1995 the terrific day of the Oklahoma City bombing. It was a sight I will never forget as I watched in awe as my young children played. It was something that would change my world forever. I did not personally know anyone who was involved in the incident but it was a point in time when the world changed.

Timothy McVeigh with assistance from Terry Nichols who both were involved American militia movement sympathizer. Together they would destroy the Alfred P. Murrah Federal building in downtown Oklahoma City. The bombing claimed 168 victims and injured more than 680 and damaged 324 buildings The bomb was estimated to have caused at least $652 million worth of damage but did even more than that as it destroyed lives that will never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post