Custom Search

Thursday, June 18, 2015

CNA Week

 
After being a CNA for over 20+ years I have seen a bit of everything. I have had patients pass away while holding my hand, I have worked double and sometimes almost triple shifts, made friends with co-workers and heard remarkable stories from those I take or took care of. I have loved the many years of the job that some consider the hardest around. While I have had the opportunity to care for those that some of my family members have known I have also cared for those that some may never have wanted to. Some of my residents have little to no family. We become their family to many and they wait to hear our daily stories as we earn to hear their stories of the past. The stress involved is not even a joke as those that we care for are demanding and we strive to please as well as those that we work for demand that all is done right and when we are wrong we are corrected. The business of slacking is not in the medical field because the care of others is very important While those that love us offer us a hug, handshake and a big thank you there are those that we care for do not have the ability. I personally love my job as a CNA and will continue to do so for as long as I am able.
 
 
 

shared at
aloha Friday
my favorite things Saturday
what to do weekends

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post