Custom Search

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Our Feathered Friends Need To Eat to

Remember our feathered friends this winter and create them a special treat. This is a fun way for both adult and child whether it be mom and child or grandparent and grandchild or any combination to get together and do some good. Food source for our feathered friends has been limited with the frozen ground and they may need a little help. This easy to make bird feeder will allow you to do just that.

All you will need is a pinecone. Perhaps a walk under the pines like I did many time as a child at my grandparents or a trip to the local craft store where they can be easily found. A pine cone is not a need for this craft though you can use a small piece of wood or an empty toilet paper roll. Peanut butter is the perfect texture if your child has a nut allergy you can also use honey. Smear the peanut butter or honey on the pinecone or other surface you choose to use. On top sprinkle bird seed (it may help to hold the surface piece over a bag or bowl) To make a hanger you can use string, yarn, or anything to make a knot so that it can hang on the garden tree branch, fence, clothes line. Best if it can be seen through the window where it will provide entertainment to the children.

1 comment:

  1. Wait, so all I have to do is smear peanut butter over a toilet paper roll and then sprinkle bird seed on it? That's easy enough! I believe I can manage it :) There are a lot of little birds that come down to my backyard, I'm sure they'll enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post