Custom Search

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Sunday Potatoes and Noodle Pie


Today, March 31st is the day to honor two staples that were found on my child hood table. Potatoes and Noodles. Both starches and oh so yummy. So I located a great meal plan for all of us to enjoy with potatoes and chicken noodle meatloaf.

Sunday Potatoes

5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 cup sour cream
2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon onion salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

cook potatoes as normal. In a large mixing bowl, mash potatoes. Add sour cream, cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, salt, onion salt and pepper; beat until fluffy. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Dot with the remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.


NOODLE PIE
recipe source here

serving
One-Half Lb. American Beauty Egg Noodles
3/4 lb. veal or beef, ground
1/2 cup milk
Minced onion, if desired
3/4 lb. pork, ground
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
Salt and pepper to taste

ingredients
Combine meat loaf ingredients and mix thoroughly. Press mixture in a thick layer onto the sides and bottom of a pie pan. Place in oven at 359 degrees F. and bake 40 to 50 minutes. Then place on top of meat loaf the noodles, which have been cooked until tender in boiling salted water, and drained. Dot noodles with butter and return to oven for a few minutes before serving. Serve this dish in pie-shape cuts. A tomato, cheese or mixed vegetable sauce makes a fitting accompaniment for this meal. Serves six to eight persons.

8 comments:

  1. Now, that is different! I love meatloaf and I love noodles, but I've never had them together before. I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes me to was a bit surprising to me as well. Thanks for stopping by come back again any time

      Delete
  2. I love potatoes! There's just so many things to do with them! Thank you so much for the wonderful recipe. The noodle pie looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noodle pie is an interesting way to cook noodles! I need to try making that some time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so good! I want to try it. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First time I have seen noodles used on meatloaf. I love both potatoes and noodles so I would probably enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love different variety of noodles, but never had a chance to try out a Noodle pie. I love anything that involves potatoes & I would love to try this one during a weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post