Custom Search

Monday, July 11, 2016

Help Someone Smile



Have you ever felt lonely?? Even in a life as full as mine I find myself lonely at times. Today is cheer up the lonely day. It is a great opportunity to make a lonely person happy. I live by the theme of making everyone I see smile. I love to see the grocery store clerk or the person taking my order on the fast food counter smile back at me. Just being nice , saying hi or sharing a smile can do just this.



There are some lonely individuals that we may know. They may not have many loved ones left, they may be elderly or not be able to get out and socialize a lot. Today, make it your goal to cheer up lonely people. Spend some time with them today. It is easy to cheer someone lonely up. All they really wish for is someone to spend time with. Have a upbeat conversation and enjoy each other. Offer a big hug when you are leaving, let them know you enjoyed your visit and that you will be back sometime. In between your next visit share a card or a phone call.



Cheer up the Lonely Day was created by Francis Pesek. He lived in Detroit Michigan and was a quiet , kind, wonderful man with a heart of gold. To offer kindness to others who were lonely, forgotten, shut ins or in nursing homes with no relatives or friends to look in on them. The choice of the day for us all to follow his example is also Pesek's birthday.





shared at
amaze me monday
busy monday
modest mom

1 comment:

  1. Such a great post! A smile and/or a kind word can make such a difference. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post