Custom Search

Sunday, July 31, 2016

How To Prepare a Fruit Tray



It seems like there are many delicious fruits available now at the markets. I love to create a fruit tray when invited to attend and event. It is normally my choice to bring a dish or not but I often like to. The fruit tray is fun to make and includes so many different parts most people enjoy it. To make up a fruit tray here is a guide line that I use: 

For 10 to 12 people this is what I prepare:
  •  2 small ripe Melons, cut in half, peeled, deseeded and sliced
  • {I like to use one Cantaloupe and one Honeydew melon}
  • 1 Pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced
  • 2 bunches of Grapes
  • 1 pint Raspberries
  • 1 pint Blueberries
  • 1 pint Blackberries
  • 1 pint strawberries
  • 1 pint Figs, in if season
  • 2-3 Kiwis, peeled and sliced
  • 1 Papaya, peeled and sliced

You can use the same fruits as I do or you can choose your own. After all there is so much out there it should be easy to fill it up. Buy your fruit a day or two before the party. Wash everything but if you are using blueberries, raspberries and blackberries do not rinse those. Organize your fruit into groups and arrange them on top of the leaves. Assemble the day before and keep in fridge. 

Make a yummy fruit spread by mixing 
1 7oz. container of marshmallow creme
1 8oz. container cream cheese, (I used plain, but you can use strawberry too)

. Keep chilled until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post