Custom Search

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Watermelon Lime Spritzer

When my kids were growing up my relationship with my parents was at odds most of the time. My mother who did not talk to me very much and yet I know she loved me is still the same. My dad was the one that always tried and often brought watermelon to enjoy with my kids. My dad is long gone but those memories my kids hold of their grandpa and the melon are still very much present. 




Watermelon-Lime Spritzer
Makes about 2 quarts.
8 cups cubed seedless watermelon
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons of sugar
sparkling or soda water
In a food processor or blender, puree cubed watermelon until smooth. Add lime juice and sugar; process until all ingredients are combined. To serve, fill a glass about 2/3 with the "base" of the spritzer. Fill the remaining 1/3 of the glass with sparkling water (leaving enough room for ice). Stir and add ice.

2 comments:

  1. The story of your family and the memories watermelon brings back is touching. I have similar memories with my family in the summer. I am going to try the spritzer, it looks refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I bet my kids will love it. And it's perfect for this summer heat!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post