Custom Search

Monday, August 1, 2016

BBQ chicken salad with cilantro dressing

The ingredients:



2 hearts of Romaine, chopped
1 can corn
1 can black beans
15 grape tomatoes, halved (or just chopped tomatoes)
3-4 cooked chicken breasts, cubed or shredded
favorite BBQ sauce
Mozzarella cheese

DRESSING: (the dressing reminded me a lot of my favorite Cafe Rio dressing recipe, except not so spicy)
1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup milk (I like to use buttermilk)
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 clove garlic
juice of one lime (or 2 Tbs.)

Place lettuce in a serving bowl. Layer with corn, black beans, and tomatoes. Mix cooked chicken with BBQ sauce and top over salad. **I cooked the chicken in the crockpot, drained it, then added the BBQ sauce.** Sprinkle mozzarella over the top.

Place dressing ingredients into blender or food processor and combine well.
** I prepared the dressing earlier in the day to give the flavors a chance to blend. **

Drizzle over salad.

5 comments:

  1. The recipe looks very simple enough to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds yummy!! My family really loves BBQ Chicken!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, now, isn't this seasonally perfect, and it sounds delish. Not to mention easy to make, which is a must here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a nice dressing, I like making salad at home, especially on special occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!! We eats lots of salad and always looking for new recipes.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post