Custom Search

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Cornflakes Wreath Cookies


I first made these delicious wreath shaped treats in home-ec in junior high. The teachers name was Mrs. Mansfield and I love that class. I learned a lot and had lots of fun as well. At the present I care for a retired home - ec teacher and I love to talk to her about so many different things. It seems that home-ec is where it all started but life has taken it much farther. So back to the recipe this is one that I love to make with my children every year. So super fun and taste great as well. We commonly call them Cornflakes Wreath Cookies. I hope you enjoy


IMG_4039Ingredients:
8 cups mini marshmallows (about 2 bags)
6 Tbs. butter
green
 and yellow food coloring
5 cups corn flakes
PAM Cooking Spray

M&Ms
 or red hots for decorating 
Directions:
Prepare two cookie sheets, by lining with wax paper or parchment paper, and spraying with PAM, or generously buttering the paper.
Melt marshmallows and butter in the microwave on High power for 1-4 minutes, stirring every minute or so. 
Add 15-20 drops of food coloring. The green was a little too bluish for my taste, so I added a few drops of yellow.
IMG_4049
Stir in corn flakes until thoroughly coated. 
This is the messy part: Spray your hands with PAM (highly recommended!) or give them generous coat of butter, and then plop handfuls of the corn flake mixture onto the cookie sheets. You’ll need balls that are larger than a golf ball, but smaller than a baseball. Poke a hole in the middle, and stretch to form a wreath. Decorate with candies right away, so they’ll stick. Reapply PAM or butter to your hands, as needed. If the corn flake mixture hardens to the point that you can’t mold it anymore, pop it back in the microwave for 20 seconds or so and it will soften up again.
IMG_4051
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I've been making these for years and years! They are so yummy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I know we have as well like I said jr high
    thanks for your visit

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post