Custom Search

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Freedom of Information



March 16th is Freedom of Information Day. The function of this day is to protect the United States as well as allow citizens to obtain that information to which they were entitled. James Madison Jr. was credited with the act. Madison was also known as "Father of the Constitution" wanted to form a nation that held no secrets from the people it served. James Madison would become the 4th President of the United States of America. 

Freedom of Information Day is Celebrated by colleges of Law and other organizations, holding panels that provide information on the rights and freedoms afforded by Freedom of Information Act. 





2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of the day but I love the idea. Freedom of any kind is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with you thank you for your visit come back any time

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post