Custom Search

Sunday, April 9, 2017

The Dark History of The United States Should It Be Told




So many want to get rid of the Souther History. That may just be my own opinion but it does seem that way. The truth is that the battle that was called the Civil war was due to 2 large issues. One was slave rights but the other was state rights. They could not agree who would hold power whether it be the south or the north. In the end there was a battle and a Civil war between the states. 


Confederate Lives Matter and for that  fact so does the history they were involved in. At the same time Union lives matter and so do their stories. I believe all of American History should be shared and passed down through history. Do I agree with making men and women no matter what race , religion etc... slaves?? Definitely not but if we do not remember our past we are destined to repeat it. While I prepare this post I begin to look at facts and wonder wow how can so many hate?? I have 2 choices here (1) post this because it is what my grand-mother would have me post or (2) choose not to post because of fear of what others would think. I am a lover of life and all who live it. I am not prejudice or hateful or anything. I do love history and I do believe that both sides of this great war should be told. I hope that you understand this

On April 9, 1865, Confederate General Robert E. Lee surrendered in Virginia The war was over but the stories should be told. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post